1. Title: My life in typefaces
2. Speaker: Matthew Carter
3. Presentation Date: March 2014
4. Date Viewed: September 2014
5. Summary of the Talk: This talks is about the connection between technology and design and type face. It discusses how over time technology has adapted and the character that you could once find in hand drawn type face art has been replaced by straight lines and less life.
6. Interesting Things I Learned from the Talk: Something interesting I learned from this talk is the evolution of metal type to photo type brought one particular draw back - a spacing system that only provided for 18 units for letters to be accommodated on. Arithmetically, this only allows for variances of three san serif .
7. Evaluation of the Presenter: Matthew Carter is a very knowledgable and gifted type designer. It is very evident after watching his TED Talk that Matthew Carter is very passionately about type face. I thought that he was a great presenter.
8. Evaluation of the Talk: This TED Talk didn't end up being quite as interesting as I had hoped for, but I did learn a lot of valuable information front the discussion. I feel that I can better relate to this talk because of this course. It helped me to be able to follow along with what the speaker was talking about. Overall, the Talk was fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment