Monday, September 29, 2014

TED Talks: Marketing

1. Title: How to Start a Movement

 
2. Speaker: Derek Sivers

3. Presentation Date: February 2010

4. Date Viewed: 9/29/14

5. Summary of the Talk: With help from some surprising footage, Derek Sivers explains how movements really get started. (Hint: it takes two.) In under three minutes Derek Sivers explains how to be a leader and start a movement.
6. Interesting Things I Learned from the Talk: Something interesting I learned from this talk was that it takes "one lone nut to make a leader." New followers emulate followers - not leaders.

7. Evaluation of the Presenter: I felt that Derek Sivers took on a big risk trying to take on such a broad topic in only three minutes. The funny video he chose to show while doing his talk really gave his viewers something to relate to.
8. Evaluation of the Talk: Overall, I enjoyed this talk because I think that in just three minutes Derek Sivers hit all of the point on what it takes to be a leader and stand out to make a movement. Really marketing yourself and what you believe in a getting people to believe with you is really all that it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment