Thursday, September 25, 2014

TED Talks: Humor

1. Title: Are You Human?

2. Speaker: Ze Frank

3. Presentation Date: 03/2014

4. Date Viewed: 9/25/14

5. Summary of the Talk: Ze Frank suggests humorous series of simple questions that will determine exactly how 'human' you are. These questions are based around funny and embarrassing things that the human race does that we don't recognize until brought to our attention. He also called to mind habits and things we do that people need to accept because we are in deed, 'human'.
6. Interesting Things I Learned from the Talk: Something that I found interesting, and actually quite amusing, from this talk was the amount of people in the audience that were admitting to the very embarrassing human habits that the author discussed - like picking your nose in adulthood.

7. Evaluation of the Presenter: To be honest, at the beginning of this talk I thought the author to be a little strange. By the end of the short talk I became more impressed with his ability to turn what started as a humorous talk into a more seriously and reflective one. He was able to do this seamlessly. 

8. Evaluation of the Talk: Overall, I thought this was a good talk. I think that the author did a good job of capturing the attention of viewers through comedy at the beginning then shifting into a more serious mode after they were tuned in.

No comments:

Post a Comment