1. Title: Don't Like Clickbait? Don't Click.
2. Speaker: Sally Kohn
3. Presentation Date: July 2014
4. Date Viewed: 9/29/14
5. Summary of the Talk: News analyst Sally Kohn suggests — don't engage with news that looks like it just wants to make you mad. Instead, give your precious clicks to the news sites you truly trust.
6. Interesting Things I Learned from the Talk: Something interesting that I learned from this TED Talk it is twice as likely for you to be a victim of nasty personal attacks from others on the internet if you are a woman, person of color, gay, or more than more of those.
7. Evaluation of the Presenter: I enjoyed Sally Kohn as a TED Talks presenter. I think that what she has to say about nasty attacks on the internet really is relevant in today's time when so many people are victims of cyber bullying.
8. Evaluation of the Talk: Overall I think this was a really interesting talk. Sally Kohn talks about changing the way we click. A few powerful elites control the media and the rest of us are just passive consumers. Browsing the web and enjoying social media is a public act of making media, and we are the new editors who get to decide what we give our attention to.
No comments:
Post a Comment